CQHCWC neonatal specialist clinic reopens to the public
After necessary preparations, the new neonatal specialist clinic of the Chongqing Health Center for Women and Children (Women and Children's Hospital of Chongqing Medical University), or CQHCWC, opened on Oct 17, to help new parents overcome difficulties in looking after babies during the neonatal period.
The new clinic will be served by neonatal pediatricians from the CQHCWC, offering both specialized and general outpatient services. Newborns with respiratory, digestive, neurological, skin and other infectious diseases can seek diagnosis and treatment at the clinic, which also monitors and manages neonatal jaundice, feeding, sleep, growth and development, nursing and other conditions, striving to achieve early identification and intervention.
The special expert follow-up clinic for newborns on Tuesdays and Thursdays will all be served by senior chief physicians in the form of integrated medical and nursing care. The clinic focuses on standardized follow-up and management for high-risk newborns discharged from the intensive care unit of the CQHCWC, including premature infants, very low birth weight infants, and infants with nervous system diseases, severe hyperbilirubinemia, or genetic metabolic diseases.
Relying on the technical strength of the municipal critical neonatal treatment center at the CQHCWC, the clinic will offer comprehensive and considerate service for newborns.
I. Making appointments at the neonatal specialist clinic
Appointments can be made at the neonatal specialist clinic through the official WeChat account of the CQHCWC or at one-stop self-service machines. Appointments at the expert follow-up clinic should be made by medical staff members and family members via telephone.
II. Service hours and address of the neonatal specialist clinic
1. Neonatal expert clinic: 8 am-noon, 1:30-5 pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (excluding holidays); Consultation Room 07, Area C, 1st Floor, Outpatient Clinic, Ranjiaba Branch of the CQHCWC
2. Neonatal expert follow-up clinic: 8 am-noon, 1:30-5 pm every Tuesday and Thursday (excluding holidays); Consultation Room 07, Area C, 1st Floor, Outpatient Clinic, Ranjiaba Branch of the CQHCWC
3. Neonatal general clinic: 8 am-noon, 1:30-5 pm from Monday to Sunday (including holidays); Consultation Room 05, Area C, 1st Floor, Outpatient Clinic, Ranjiaba Branch of the CQHCWC
III. Other notice
1. Neonatal expert clinics are currently unavailable on weekends and holidays.
2. For newborns who need to see a doctor at night, please make an online appointment via the night pediatrics clinic number, or go directly to the night pediatrics clinic at the CQHCWC, which is located in Area D, 1st Floor, Outpatient Clinic at the Ranjiaba Branch.