How to apply for the Medical Certificate of Birth
Step 1: Prepare materials
If you are the newborn's mother, you need to prepare the original ID cards of the newborn's parents (within the validity period) along with copies of the cards' front and back sides.
If you are not the newborn's mother, you need to bring with you the original ID cards of the newborn's parents (within the validity period) and copies of the cards' front and back sides; the signed power of attorney document from the newborn's mother; your original ID card (within the validity period) along with copies of the card's front and back sides.
Step 2: Fill in the required information on the registration form
Step 3: Receive the Medical Certificate of Birth
1. Before applying for the Medical Certificate of Birth, please confirm the name of the newborn (please use standard Chinese characters for the name, avoid using traditional characters and rare characters). You cannot change any information once the document is printed.
2. The Medical Certificate of Birth is of great importance. It is mainly used for children's household registration, school registration, overseas travel, and more – so please keep it safe.
3. The power of attorney must be signed by the newborn's mother.
4. Address: Area B, 1F, Outpatient Clinic, Ranjiaba Branch of Chongqing Health Center for Women and Children
5. Service hours: 8 am-noon, 2 pm-5 pm (excluding weekends and legal holidays)
6. Tel: 023-63702844